Monday, June 12, 2017

Forever Friends!

My best friend from forever ago!  I mean, how is it possible that time kept moving, life kept happening, and our time hanging out was really that long ago?  Taffery has been an amazing friend to me and was a great opposite that helped balance me during our teen years and beyond :).  She was super short with brunette hair and I was the tall blonde friend.... among our obvious differences.  We loved hanging out and sharing our lives during all of those crazy dating years!  Taffery came to town because her hubby got a job with Southwest Airlines out of Love Field.  I was secretly hoping she was telling me they were moving to Dallas area, but that wasn't the case.  During the crazy busy schedule I was able to sneak over and meet up with her for an hour.  One hour was far too short, but it was amazing to be together again!  

One of my favorite things was telling my kids about Taffery.  I pulled out my old scrapbooks and showed them pictures of her and how long we had been friends.  It brought back so many wonderful memories!  I am so grateful that I had an amazing friend like Taffery during those years!  Here's to not letting so many years slip away before getting together again!  Also, here's to friends who can be friends, even when life gets in the way.  Love this crazy awesome best girlfriend of mine!

No comments: