Saturday, June 16, 2018

11 Year Old Scout Camp

This year for 11 year old camp we spent the first 2 days at Rose Park in Mansfield.  The overnight was at Loyd Park at Joe Pool Lake.  We had 10 boys and they had a great time.  This camp is always so hot and this year was no different.  Everyone survived the heat which was good.  My awesome counselor, Sandi, was out of town so I had to run the camp this time.  I will say I missed her a lot, but nothing too crazy happened.  

One benefit of running the camp is getting to volunteer my kids as camp helpers!  I even got Jonathan to come down one day and teach a couple of classes.  Ella and Bree even came to get some service hours.  I am so grateful for all of their help!  It sure makes running events easier when there are good workers helping out!  











 After lunch it was so hot and just the perfect time for a nap.  Both Monica and Dolores took a short cat nap, but I only got a picture of Monica :)

Talmage fusing the end of the rope.





Of course when you are busy being good workers there has to be time for fun too!  Monkeys in a tree!



Bree is not a tree climber!

Sandra got a large scrape on her leg when she fell playing frisbee.  Silly girl!


I always enjoy the end of camp the most... all of the hard work accomplished!

No comments: