Thursday, June 24, 2021

Pool Coping!

Some of our pool coping stones have been loose for a while.  I decided it was time to take them out and reset them around the pool.  That was a bit scary.  After Sandra pulled of the "loose" stones it was over half the stones!  I was a bit terrified to get them all back where they belonged and set level.  After clearing out the debris, I mixed up a mortar and we started setting the stones.  They looked pretty good, but then it was time to start redoing the grout.  That part wasn't able to blend so I had to regrout all of the stones to make sure it all blended.  If the grout was still there, I just added a new layer of grout on top.  It seemed to work.

The last step in the coping stone project was to caulk the line between the stones and the cool decking.  It took way more caulk than I thought!  I ended up clearing out 3 Home Depots around me to get enough caulk (in the same color).  By the end of caulking, I had it down to a system with my two helpers, Sandra and Mhari.  They took turns squeezing the caulk (man that stuff is hard to squeeze) and I would come behind them with damp paper towels to smooth and clean up the caulk.  I'm so happy with the way it all turned out, but that was a lot of work!  Our pool is really looking nice now!



 

No comments: