Wednesday, July 12, 2023

While the kids are away...

Our stake youth group went to Nauvoo, leaving us with our little Lorna all alone for a week!  Well, when you are the only ranch kid you invite your other ranch friends over to help!  This was a fun week for Lorna to get Clair and Zyler to come help out at the ranch!  It made chores way easier on me too!  
We've been working on building up this old shed and turning it into a pig hut. My nailer was having issues and I had to stop putting up boards.  

Unfortunately, the next day while working on it, Lorna was taking out nails and fell.  She's fine thankfully.  The shed did look to be leaning a bit so I stopped letting the girls work on it.  I went in to do a bit of work and luckily, got out of the way just in time... as it came crashing down!  I guess we won't be using that as a pig hut after all!  Now we have to go back to the drawing board for the pigs.  They are going to have piglets any day now!

I also got to stack hay for the first time.  Plus, I did the maxi-gain feed bags!  It was a busy tractor day for me. 















 

No comments: