Friday, February 22, 2013

The Big Day

It really felt like we were moving forever!  I had started boxing things up in November to prepare for the December move.  Then everything got delayed.  Along the way there were other houses we considered, but we kept coming back to the house we originally got a contract for.  We also had our house under contract and ended up ready to close on both homes on the same day.  It was a miracle - 1 we were selling our house and 2 that everything actually came together as fast as it did to buy our house.  Through all of the delays I know that we were blessed to be able to move!

Here are some of the piles of boxes we accumulated throughout the house:

Jeff rented the biggest U-haul truck they had and figured we would have plenty of room...

Ya, it was really stuffed full!
We had borrowed a friends enclosed trailer, loaded the back of our F-250 and had to rent another small trailer from u-haul to make it all work.  It was crazy to get out of the house, but we were out and signing papers at noon on Jan 31st :).  

Jeff :)

The awesome men who helped load up the truck the night before we had to be out of our house.  

One of our able helpers complained that I took a picture when everyone wasn't working... so he posed for this one :)

Good-bye house!  You took care of our family and now have a new family to love you :)

But there was more to this story....

Now while we were loading the last items into the trailer I got a call from our title company asking when we would like our closing for on Friday, the next day.  We had been planning on a 3 pm closing the same day (Thursday) so this was shocking news.  After everything we could think of to get our closing to happen that night we ended up having to close on Friday.  We were homeless for about 24 hours.  It was a hard night in the hotel with 8 people. 

The next day we showed up for our closing and signed away on our stack of papers.  We were told our realtor would give us our key in about an hour when the money went through.  We hung out at a local McDonald's and awaited the call.  Of course it couldn't be that easy.  Suddenly there was paperwork they needed, house ins info they had to verify, etc.  Another 3-4 hours and THEN we finally got our key.  We had just started unloading the trucks onto the driveway since our moving help was supposed to be there soon.  Really I don't know why some of this had to be so difficult and if you want to hear about a title company to not go to we can tell you all about them, but it's over, we are here, and we are loving it!

No comments: