Thursday, January 16, 2014

Every Day Life

I decided it was time to do a post about our daily routines.  Now, I could do an hour by hour account, but I'm just going to summarize the events.  Of course there was crying, dirty diapers, fighting, and plenty of non photo worthy moments.  I did not document them, but that is part of our life and I want to mention it in case anyone thinks my kids look so happy all of the time ;).  Maybe I'll do a day of all of the sad moments during a day... the kids hate when I take pictures of them when they are whiny.  Maybe they won't whine so much?  Anyway...

Here are all of the kids up and eating breakfast.  This is about 7:30 in the morning.  

Just couldn't not get a close up of the baby ;).  She is growing up too fast! (Oh and I cut her bangs... no more baby wispy hair).

School has started (8 am).  The kids are working on their assignments.  Here is Sandra smiling for me ;)

It's Mhari's turn to work with Mommy.  She is doing her math work.  She does pretty well with her school work.  Everyone gets time to sit with me for individual lessons that I have to teach (math mostly), but otherwise they can do their work independently.  

Clark and Lorna playing during school... distracting us, but always cute!

Grant having some nook time while he waits for his turn with mom

Talmage focused.  His stuffed dog"Watch" got to join him that day.  I think it's sweet that he still loves stuffed animals :).  

During quiet time the girls were playing in the toy room.  Sandra has been working on her lincoln log towers.  The boys were probably reading or playing fun games on the nooks.  

Oh and Clark and Lorna still nap :).  I love nap time!

Wednesdays we go to 4-H.  The kids got to make a Linus blanket.  It was fun to see them work together and make something to give to someone in need.  

Here is Talmage, Sandra, and Mhari tying the blanket together.

Mhari, Grant and Clark

The rest of the evening was getting back home to eat dinner before the boys went to cub scouts.  I take them since I work with the Webelos.  We worked on our scientist activity pin and our fitness pin.  By the time we get home at 7:30 it's time to get ready for the next day since we go to a home school co-op.  Really we get home and join whatever Daddy is doing with the girls.  He was watching the A-Team so that was our entertainment until bed time.  I think Wednesdays are one of the craziest days of the week.  Now that Sandra gets to attend Activity Days she gets to come with us twice a month too.
I'm sure as the kids keep getting older and we let them participate in sports and such my life will just get busier.  They are all growing up and will be gone before I know it :(

1 comment:

Katie Busken said...

You are such an amazing mom! Your kids are so lucky.