Monday, March 11, 2019

The 1st Driver

Talmage has been getting close to getting his license.  He finally completed all of the necessary hours and it was time to schedule his appointment at the DPS for his driver's test.  Well, unfortunately they are booked a month out for driving tests :(.  Most of the teens we know who have taken the test failed on their first try, especially when done at the DPS office.  After doing some research, I found a place to take the test at for a decent price and got it scheduled for this week!  I even scheduled Talmage an hour of practice driving before the test.  This would give him any last minute instruction he would need before the test.  It is kind of stressful trying to figure all of this stuff out for the first time!  I wanted him to pass, but really also wanted him to be prepared.  It's tricky when you are doing the driving practice at home.  

Talmage did well with his practice hour and went into the test feeling good.  I snuck a photo of him while we waited for it to be his turn ;).  He did well on the test and all we needed to do was go to the DPS and turn in the paperwork.  Monday morning, we were in line before they opened.  Within a couple of hours we were done!  It is nice to have Talmage driving.  He can now get himself to and from work, which I really appreciate!  It is also nice to have someone I can send on an errand, if needed.  I know he's been ready for a little more freedom too.  


He's official

First time driving his siblings around... without me.


No comments: