Sunday, March 3, 2024

Free Ranging

The pigs escaped again!  I wouldn't say that free ranging our pigs was the new pig plan.  They lift their pallet gate and walk on out.  I guess we didn't think they would do it again, but we were wrong.  I kind of didn't think much of it because they would most likely just go back to the creek like they did the last time.  As Jeff and I were driving around checking the other animals Jeff spotted them in the pasture with the bison!  Those troublemakers!  They weren't even going to stay close!  Time to try to get them to come home again!  

Jeff and I called to the pigs... and they came!  I was able to get Arianna to follow me and back into the pig pen.  After a few minutes Hogrid was outside the pig pen.  After a little tempting him with water, he came back inside.  Jeff finally got Harriet to come home.  She laid down in the feed lot and wasn't interested in the long walk home.  I'm so shocked they even followed us.  We had no treats or anything.  These pigs can be stubborn, and we have no way of forcing them to go where we want because they are so big!  It was a crazy Sunday evening!





 

No comments: