Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Cabinets


This is what our cabinets looked like when we moved in. They are not horrible, but they did not create the feeling I was wanting. They were well worn and just the tone of the cabinets with my yellow walls didn't quite fit. Jeff and I talked about lots of options, but finally decided to paint them. Jeff was such a good sport and got most of it done while I was in phx with the kids. He also had a fun time asking lots of different ladies their opinion on the color to paint because I wasn't here to help pick it. Thanks for all of the advice and help with the color. I'm sure there are several of you out there that have heard about these cabinets and their progress.
It turned out that painting was a little harder (time consuming) than Jeff orignially thought or they might have been done when we got back from our trip. Isn't that the way projects go :). I must say that from the beginning photo to what they look like now I'm very happy! Thanks for all your hard work honey :).


I don't think they look worn anymore . . .



Here you can see the crown molding that we added (it just needs a little bit of putty, but otherwise is so wonderful!)

This picture shows off the red in the paint color. It is a nice dark brown tone, but the red makes it interesting. I don't know that pictures do it justice, but I'm happy. Now it's time for a new sink and countertops, what about flooring, hummm. It's hard to update something without the rest needing it too. What do you think of the cabinets?

7 comments:

The Gee Six said...

Oooh, pretty. I think the darker wood is much better with the yellow walls. Congratulations on getting it done!

Anonymous said...

This is Jeff speaking...I bought too much paint so when I informed Sharla how much I had left she said I can now do our 3 bathrooms.......hmmmmm

Sharla said...

always projects to do :). If we do get around to the bathrooms I'll show that off too, but they are the same color for the cabinets so I figure it will put the paint to good use!

Amanda said...

Looks great, I'm in the middle of that same project, along with 3 or 4 others.

Cindy Killebrew said...

Those are beautiful! Way to go Jeff!

Rice Family said...

They look fantastic! Isn't it great how useful husbands can be?

randivon said...

I really like them. And it is always nice to walk into a kitchen that you had an imput on. Well done!