Tuesday, May 8, 2012

New Arrival!

Our little baby joined our family on May 1st.  I was induced at 39 weeks and we were all very ready for her to come.  My mom came to help out and was there with the kids so we didn't have to worry about them while we went to the hospital.  We arrived just after 5 am for our appointment and started getting hooked up.  My Dr. came and broke my water at about 9:30 (I was dialated to a 4 by then) and the countdown began.  I was really hoping that I would be done an hour later... but that wasn't the case.  My disappointment during the labor was that the epidural worked really great on my legs, but not so much on my contractions.  Oh well... could have been worse. 

Our little Lorna joined our family at 12:07 pm.  She was nice and pink and so beautiful!

Lorna Louise 

Snuggling on Mommy

Weighing in at 7 lb 4 oz and was 19 inches long - so tiny!

Me and my new baby

Super cute Daddy with Lorna

Jeff brought the kids up to the hospital that night.  They were all very excited to meet their little sister!

Mhari


 Clark cuddling Lorna

Grant

Talmage

Playing in the hospital room... ya, 6 kids in a little room has to be a little crazy!

Sandra


We are so happy she's here and part of our family!  We all just love her!

2 comments:

LaDawn said...

Congrats Sharla and Jeff. She is so beautiful!! What a fun family you have! There will be always someone to play with:).

Rice Family said...

My favorite picture is the one of Clark hugging the baby. You can only see the top of his head, and only a bundle of blankets where Lorna is, but I LOVE the expression on your face-- it completely captures the way a mommy feels (at least how I felt anyway) seeing her baby meet the NEW baby for the first time. There's something very tender about that moment.