Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Happy Halloween!

With all of the Halloween festivities it seems like Halloween should have been done long before it even came.  Well, it did come and we still had more to do to celebrate ;).  I had bought pumpkins earlier in the month.  I only bought 1 big pumpkin so I wasn't helping lots of little kids scrape out their pumpkins for jack-o-lanterns.  I drew the face and then the kids each had a part to help with.  Talmage did the back, Sandra did the mouth, Mhari did the nose, and Grant did the eyes.  I think everyone enjoyed the system.  I did have to help Sandra finish the mouth and I scraped out the inside to make it clean enough.


Everyone working on cleaning out the pumpkin guts and keeping the seeds


The kids did get their own small pumpkin to decorate too.  They are in order from oldest to youngest, left to right.  I like this tradition :)

Cleaning the seeds

The finished jack-o-lantern

The seeds.  They turned out really good!  

Ready to go trick-or-treating!  The kids had fun and did good walking the neighborhood with us. 

Happy Halloween!

No comments: