Tuesday, October 7, 2008

When Life GivesYou Lemons...

Make lemonade or hair bands. I have not been able to bring myself to cut off Sandra's hair like a boy. I may need to, but until that time I have resorted to head bands.
It is still sad to see her with no hair, but at least she sort of looks like a girl. I did trim up the back and give her more layers so it looks like maybe she was supposed to have short bangs. Here are a few of our attempts at head bands.

This one is Mhari's, but Sandra may be wearing it now.


I like the way this one turned out. It covers pretty well while still leaving enough hair in the back uncovered.


This one is alright and it covers up the worst part.


I made another pink one with the tie and made the tie longer. I think it turned out well, but may cover up too much of her longer hair.


Yes, I'm still a sucker. Hard to not include the baby :). She liked wearing the head band for a minute. Then it became a game of how to take it off.

Well, that's my sum up of how my daughter is going to look for the next year or so while her hair grows out. I still may shave her hair if I can't take it, but this will have to do for now. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first headband is perfect and pulls it off to looking almost as it should. You can still say the bangs are way too short, but it is very close so I would go with that! Good job.

Alli said...

I think she looks great. Nice headband making! I'd like to say that she'll never do it again but if she's anything like my darling daughters she'll try her sister's next (and her own a couple more times for good measure). Good luck Kiddo!

LaDawn said...

She still looks beautiful!! That is the great things about kids they look good with or without hair.

ps-for some reason your link doesn't show up when I update our blog. miss you guys!

Katie Busken said...

I think the headbands are a perfect solution. They are so cute! I wouldn't cut off the rest of her hair (maybe that's because I'm still waiting for my little girl to have longer hair--and it's taking forever).

randivon said...

I think her little baby bangs are seriously cute. I know I should not encourage this behavior but I think you have done a great job of "making lemonaide".

Jaime and Brent said...

I am so sorry that she cut her hair. As a mom of course you are devistated when that happens, but I think that she is still as cute as ever and her hair will of course grow back in mo time. Love the headbands.

CourtneyB said...

I think that the layers you gave her work great! The headbands are super-cute, and I probably would never have known what happened had you not told us! As Randi said, you did a wonderful job of "making lemonade!"