Monday, December 15, 2008

Building our first house!

Yes, this is our very first gingerbread house! How fun! The kids thought it was the best thing ever and are calling it the gingerbread man house. They want to make a gingerbread man to go with it :). This is all courtesy of our secret elves, so I shouldn't try to take any creative credit. We are just happy to have the experience together as a family! Such fun!


Daddy was in charge of dispersing the candy and helping the kids to create the house.


They also had to sample some of the materials to be sure that our building supplies were up to code :).


Some how I ended up on the masonry crew. That's okay because man was that cement good!


Our finished product. I think it turned out well.
It is still standing at this point, however the kids have asked to eat it every day (even that night) since then. I think it's not going to last much longer.


Here is our attempt at a snowman from frosting. He's sagging, but hanging in there. Hard to make circles, but fun trying :).
Such a fun memory to share with our kids!!!

3 comments:

Cindy Killebrew said...

It looks great! Okay, you guys have to start a tradition now. They are so much fun! Todd keeps asking when he can eat his too!

Machelle said...

That looks like so much fun. I might make one too. LOL

CourtneyB said...

Ooh, that looks good enough to eat! I don't think my willpower could withstand a project like that. It turned out so cute! I'm glad you were able to document the fun you had making it for posterity. (: