Thursday, July 2, 2009

Utah trip!

Jeff is doing a summer program so I am on my own with the kids. During this time we went to Utah to visit my brother and his family. It was so much fun! My kids didn't know these cousins at all and it was such a great week to hang out with them! Thanks so much guys for letting us come and stay and do such fun things together!

Some of the highlights of the trip:
Playing outside with bubbles, taking their dogs for a walk (the boys got to help do this once), playing with dinosaurs!, going to Wheeler farm, picnic with family, going to temple square, going to Hogle zoo, playing games, watching movies, eating, more eating, a beautiful rainbow, shopping with my mom and sister-in-law, and lots of playing!

It was great to hang out and I just love their daughters (they only have girls). They are so sweet and really helpful too (they have 2 teenagers - I would've taken them home with me if I could). It had been way too long since we had been together and I'm so glad I got this chance! My brother was working, but the evenings were fun together. He is so active and fun with the kids. I even got to play frisbee with him and one of his daughters. My kids really enjoyed him and Mhari even gave him a hug before we left. What an awesome uncle! Spending time with my mom was great too! She is a busy lady and it was great that she took the time to drive up with me and hang out.

Over all it was great! Lots of kids, so lots of craziness, but overall so many great times!  Enjoy a small sample of the photos from the trip.


Marissa with Sandra and Ilana
 
 
Rachel and Grant
 
 
 
 
Touring the Conference Center
 
Grant and Marissa
 
 
 
Elise with a Christ statue
 
Grant with Heber J. Grant :)
 
Talmage with James E. Talmage
 
On the roof of the Conference Center
 
 
Grandma and Elise
 
Sandra and Sabrina in their cute new hats!
 
The fun drinking fountain at the Hogle Zoo
 
 
Mhari :)
 
 
Outside the Salt Lake Temple!

3 comments:

Machelle said...

Awesome pictures and what fun. Im so glad you got the chance. It was really nice seeing you!!!

Katie Busken said...

What a fun trip. It is so great to see cousins having fun together. I'm impressed that you're brave enough to take all your kids on a trip without your husband!

Karen said...

How fun! I'm glad you all had a great time!