Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Williams Posse

For Halloween this year we all went as cowboys and cowgirls. Grandma and Grandpa had gotten Jeff and most of the kids cowboy hats this summer and I thought it would be cute to have them all cowboyed up for Halloween. It also made costume making much easier :). I went to my cheap thrift store and picked up lots of plaid shirts for Jeff and I and also to cut down to kid sizes. I was able to get shirts for everyone for just over $4!

Here are all of the kids dressed up and ready to go - they even have their stick horses to ride!



Our little Punkin cowgirl. She was so cute with the hat... too bad she wouldn't wear it once we got to the trunk or treat.




Sandra was not the biggest fan of our Halloween costumes. I think she would've rather been a princess, but she sure is one cute cowgirl! She liked the pink bandanna and I made her shirt have ruffle sleeves so that helped her cause :)


Grant was a very handsome cowboy. He also got to wear his shirt and bandanna to school that week for western wear day (all the older kids wore their cowboy clothes to school). I knew that it was a good idea to have cowboy clothes while we live in Texas ;)

Talmage was a nice looking cowboy too. He really got into the spirit of the costume. While trick or treating one of the ladies said she had to see a trick to get a treat so Talmage did the "giddy up cowboy" and moved his hand like he was roping. Too cute :)

Our Punkin in the pumpkin area. It was fun to see all the carved pumpkins :)

Clark was also dressed up, but very simply. He had a plaid shirt and blue jeans. Let's just say it wasn't on my list to make him a little bandanna. He fit right in with mommy and daddy with our plaid shirts :).
I know one day I'll not appreciate it, but right now I think it's so cute that he sucks his thumb :)

We had a very nice Halloween at the trunk or treat and it made it so that Sunday was a nice Sabbath day. The kids don't even have that much candy... maybe they'll get it eaten before Thanksgiving this year :)

1 comment:

JandA said...

Benson sucks his thumb too when he can find it. Too funny! The kids looked great!