Monday, March 5, 2012

From Straight to Curly!

I did my girls hair curly last week... it was a bit different than I've done in the past so I was curious to see how it turned out.  I must say I didn't come up with this on my own, but found it on pinterest from someone esle... the way we share fun ideas and all :).

First you ponytail the hair - when it's wet and has some product in it.  Then you twirl the hair around to make a bun.  When you do the whole head it looks like this:


After letting it dry (all night long) you undo it all for curly hair...

Sandra showing off the curls

a good back shot... so much curl!

I took Mhari's down but left them in the ponytails.  It was a fun look too!  The last day I took hers out all of the way for a curly look.  

The best part was how long it lasted... seriously Sandra's hair was still curly when we washed it 3 days later.  Her hair does take curl really well though.  They may even let me do it again.  I may hold back and not do as many little buns, but man was that a lot of curl.




Last Friday was Dr. Seuss's birthday and the kids were allowed to dress up as a Dr. Seuss character for the day.  Grant told me he didn't want to dress up (same for Talmage), but Sandra was sure set on the idea.  Now what to dress up as that's even possible to make into a costume?!  I was stumped.  


Until I remembered Daisy Head Mazie.  She wore a pink dress and had a daisy growing out of her head.  I figured that was doable :).  


Here she is all ready for school that day:

In case you aren't familiar with Daisy Head Mazie...


Her teacher showed her off to all of the other teachers.  Sandra was so happy to be dressed up and something girly too.  What a fun day :).  Maybe we'll be more creative and involve the boys next year... there were some fun costumes for lots of the kids that day!

1 comment:

Rice Family said...

Cute, Cute, cute! I love the curls and your sweet little Daisy head Maisy.