I made my girls matching skirts. I have had this material since Sandra was a baby and I just figured out what to do with it (after I found it again). This is the first time I've made them matching outfits. It was fun :). Sandra loves when I make things for her and Mhari was having a great time with her skirt too.
Here they are before church the other week. Trying to get a photo of the two girls was not easy. Let's just say that 1 year olds are not that cooperative and don't always want to be standing by their sister for a picture... at least that was Mhari's opinion.
I think the material worked as a skirt. It would be a little too much pink as a dress.
A few weeks back I got together with my friend who has some awesome bag patterns. I made this one at her house with her help (thanks again Amanda!). I just had some finishing touches to do when I left (because I had to get Grant from school). This is now my huge church bag! It fits the stuff for my lesson as well as all the kid's necessities. It's been a while since I've only had 1 bag at church! It works so great!
I also wanted to use her smaller bag pattern for a purse. I don't have a small tote purse, or at least, I wanted to make another one :). I went through my material the other week and found this cute blue plaid. Since I do love blue and there was coordinating gray I figured it would make a great bag. It was harder than I planned (since I tried to not do as instructed), but eventually worked out. There are cute ties on the side, inside pockets (not pictured), and then the outside pocket with button closure!
I must say that I felt very accomplished by the end of this bag. Here is the side with the button closure :). I plan on making another for a friend and expect it to go much easier (because I'll follow the instructions).
Those are some recent updates around here. I enjoy accomplishing things, but sometimes the struggle doesn't seem worth it at the time :). Good thing I think they turn out cute when it's all done.