Friday, March 25, 2016

Slamming Doors

The kids were coming in and out of the garage when suddenly I heard Clark screaming!  It was a scary scream and I went to see what had happened.  Evidently he had slammed the door shut, but hadn't moved his hand fast enough and the door caught his middle finger.  Our door out to the garage is heavy and I was really nervous that he had broken his finger!  When I looked at it after running it under cold water I saw the skin had slid all the way up his nail bed and it was all exposed.  I helped massage the skin back into place and got him something cold to put his finger in.  Then I got some pain medicine and held him while he tried to calm down.  He was so sad.  It really was heart breaking.  I decided I should take him to urgent care to be sure he hadn't broken anything. 

By the time we got there he was calming down.   The medicine had finally kicked in.  I was glad that he was feeling better.  We did bring his stuffed owl, Swoops, with us to help him be happy.  After talking with the Dr., and getting x-rays it all came back that he was fine.  I was happy that it wasn't more serious and we could just monitor it's healing at home.  Getting hurt is no fun, but Clark did a great job with his finger.  I felt so bad because he's left handed.  Doing school work was no fun for a few weeks!  Here are some pictures of the first week or so.

The first day!


Waiting at urgent care with Swoops

Showing how thick his finger was swollen. 

Two hands to compare

 The bruise on the underside of his finger.

Healing up

Looking good!

No comments: