Thursday, November 5, 2009

Pumpkin patch? Nope - Cabellas

The ladies in our ward were getting together to drive out to this awesome pumpkin patch the week of Halloween. It was a beautiful day for the trip, considering it had been raining the day before. One of the ladies got there and phoned us while we were on our way to let us know it was closed because of mud. Bummer! Since there was a Cabellas right about where we were on the road we decided to turn it into a Cabellas trip. No pumpkins, hay rides, or bounce houses, but plenty of taxidermy :).

It was kind of funny to see such neat looking animals and not have them move... like at the zoo :). I think the kids didn't mind because they could see them all really well - they couldn't run away!


Here is Sandra with 2 of her friends - Angelica and Phoebe.


Mhari and Sandra looking at the antelope (I think that's what they are).




Let's go kayaking! It was popular for the kids to play on!


This display was beautiful to look at! I don't think it was a real elephant, but maybe - what do I know about taxidermy?



Something actually still alive! Check out these huge fish! Mhari was right up to the glass and loved looking at them. They came up to her and that kind of made her nervous, but not enough to get down.

We had a nice picnic outside and then headed home. It was an exciting morning, even if we didn't get to go to the pumpkin patch. It was my first time at Cabellas and my favorite part was the sample of fudge - mmmmm good!

1 comment:

Alli said...

What a fun outing! I have yet to go to Cabellas but somehow my kids have all gone with their aunt. But now that I know there's fudge samples. . .