Thursday, January 19, 2012

Kid Stats!

It has been a while since I have updated on all of the kids.  They recently had their well checks and got weighed and measured.  It was fun to see how they all lined up... since it's been a while and they've gotten older :)... it's been a few weeks so we'll see if I get the sats right :)

T- 53 inches and 68 lbs.  He is 75% for height and 50% for weight.  
G- 51 inches and 65 lbs.  He is 90% for height and 75% for weight (I think).
S - 47 3/4 inches and 51 lbs.  She is 75% for height and 50% weight.
M - 43 inches and 48 lbs.  She is 95% for height and weight.
C - 35 inches and 28 lbs.  He is over 100% for height and 80% weight.

I think it's odd that Talmage is only 75% for height, but I'm sure it has to do with him being older and his growth patterns.  I keep waiting for Grant to pass him, but he just keeps that little 2 inch lead.  With this apt the Dr. went over BMI with me and where the kids are on that.  The boys were in the 60 to 70 range, which is good.  Sandra was also in the 60s I think.  Mhari, our little Punkin, was right at 80.  I guess with the childhood obesity craze that's going on 80 is the danger level.  Hmmm, interesting.  

I'm going to just say that I really like my Dr. She told me that my kids are healthy and that Mhari is all muscle and she is very proportionate.  I'm sure that if we did Grant's numbers when he was 4 he would have been high like that too.  He has slimmed out a lot the last few years.  I'm so glad the Dr. didn't freak out at me... and that she realizes the limits of the BMI number.  Mhari is a big girl and that can be a good thing too. 

Anyway, onto Baby Clark.  I knew he was tall... but I didn't expect them to say 35 inches for his 18 month check up!  I was kind of surprised he didn't weigh more, but he seems long these days and not so big... I guess it makes sense.  He is the average size of a 2 year old and he's wearing size 3T clothes!  I'm used to big kids, but he's our tallest yet.  I'm very curious to see how tall he will be when he's all grown... maybe 6'5'' or taller?!?  That makes me smile ;).  

Well, he's growing great, developing more and more every day.  He just isn't really a baby anymore... it has gone by so fast!  He loves cars, balls, books, playing with his siblings, blankets, stuffed animals, eating, being outside, etc.  He is still a mostly calm boy.  He is learning more words all of the time and repeating things.  Not the things I try to teach him, but when he wants to talk.  He is so fun and brings joy to our family every day!  

Here's some pictures of him sneaking chips out of the trash... such a little dumpster diver!  Wonder where he learned that from?! 

He even went around the corner from the trash so we couldn't see him... 


Caught in the act!

I don't know if he knows he's not supposed to do that or not... maybe taking pictures encourages it more than anything :).

The other day after a nap his hair was such a mess.  This is an hour or so later and it's still pretty crazy!  I guess it's time for another hair cut.  

They are growing ... good and healthy!  We love our kids :)

1 comment:

Rice Family said...

I love the good old BMI talk with the pediatrician! REALLY, my kids ARE healthy. Maybe it's something about baby # 5, Evan is my tallest too. Finally made it on the charts (he's been 100th or off since birth) and is down to only 95th percentile for height at 6 months. :) Clark sure is a cutie!