Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Hat Family :)

My friend Amanda makes some awesome patterns!  I have done this hat pattern for my baby a few months back and my older kids thought they would all like one too... so the time came to make the hats!  I decided to repurpose, or upcycle, some of the stuff I had to do the hats.  The boys hats came from camouflage shorts with the waist band making the band around the hat - I kept the belt loops, I thought they looked cool.  The girls flower pattern was a sun dress that I had bought at a thrift store a while back.  Totally cute!  They each picked a color for the opposite side, since the pattern is reversible!

Here are the pics of how the hats turned out :).  

Talmage

He's so photogenic ;)


Mhari - cutie!


so cute!

Sandra

sweetie!

Grant

So handsome!


Did I mention that Amanda has an adult pattern as well?  Well she does and after making so many fun hats for the kids I had to do one for myself!  Mine came from a girls pair of pants.  I also used the waist band for my hat, but this time I kept the button for the focus and removed the loops.  I think it turned out so cute!


If you ever want to try a pattern and you're not sure if you'll be able to do it... I think Amanda, or Butterfly Tree, does a fabulous job of making a very clear easy to understand pattern with tips as you go along too!  
We love our hats!

1 comment:

Katie Busken said...

Those hats are adorable! I can't believe you made them--such talent!